Your guide to Bushfire Safety
Publication: 28 Pages | For: Everyone
Available in PDF (16.7mb), audio and printed.
Bushfires can start suddenly without warning - are you ready?
If you and your home are well prepared, you stand a better chance of surviving a bushfire. This guide explains ways of making your property less vulnerable to bushfire attack, will help you make the correct choices if a bushfire threatens and incorporates a template for your Bushfire Survival Plan.
What’s inside this guide:
- Am I at risk and what Fire Ban District am I in?
- What do the Fire Danger Ratings mean and what are the fire regulations - what can I / can’t I do?
- Why do you need to plan and how to prepare your home and get ready, including creating your Bushfire Survival Plan.
- What to do on a fire risk day and during a fire.
- Information on radiant heat and how bushfires behave.
- Surviving if you get caught in a building or in a car.
|What's inside this guide|
|Bushfires can start suddenly without warning - are you ready?|
|Am I at risk?|
|What Fire Ban District am I in?|
|What do the Fire Danger Ratings mean?|
|Fire regulations - what can I / can't I do|
|Why do I need to plan?|
|Prepare your home and get ready|
|On a fire risk day|
|During a fire|
|Radiant heat can kill|
|How bushfires behave|
|Surviving if you get caught in a building|
|If you are caught in a car|
|If it's a fire danger day tomorrow|
|Bushfire survival plan|
|Leaving early plan|
|Stay and defend plan|
|Bushfire Watch and Act and Emergency Warning Messages|
|CFS Regional Offices|