We have developed this workshop to provide women with a safe non-threatening setting to learn new skills to protect their families and livelihoods. Workshop topics include:
- preparing yourself emotionally
- understanding the new bushfire danger ratings and warnings
- deciding when to "leave early" or "stay and defend"
- preparing a Bushfire Survival Plan
- identifying hazards around the home
- operating pumps and fire fighting equipment
- bushfire behaviour
- preventing injury
These award winning workshops cover both information and practical sessions over two days or four evenings.