During this summer, record extreme-temperatures in outback Australia have led to destructive bushfires in New South Wales, Victoria and Tasmania. Just weeks later communities in Queensland and New South Wales experienced record floods from ex Tropical Cyclone Oswald. CFS immediately offered resources to assist those affected States.
Fire safety precautions for winter and spring; "Lessons Learned": The development of a national management system; Crews praoised for their efforts as Wirrabara fire contained in the southern Flinders
Brochures and pamphlets
The CFS, in partnership with the Department for Environment Water, has published a series of high quality map books covering most of South Australia.
There are presently 7 map books in the series covering the:
- Lower South East
- Riverland and Murray Mallee
- Kangaroo Island
- Mount Lofty Ranges
- Yorke Peninsula and Mid North
- Southern Flinders Ranges
- Eyre Peninsula and West Coast.
The Emergency Services Map books are available through Mapland and other retail outlets:
- Call Mapland on (08) 8463 3999
- email DEW.CustomerServiceCentre@sa.gov.au
- visit www.environment.sa.gov.au/Do_it_online/Mapland/Store_and_resellers