Firey Women - Nairne
The award winning Firey Women workshops provide women with a safe non-threatening environment to learn new skills to help protect their families and livelihoods. The workshops cover both information and practical sessions over two days.
This is a two day workshop, so attendance is required on both days to achieve full workshop benefit.
Workshop topics include:
- Preparing yourself emotionally
- Understanding Fire Danger Ratings and warnings
- Discussing the differences between a "leave early" and a "stay and defend" plan
- Preparing a Bushfire Survival Plan
- Identifying hazards around the home
- Operating pumps and firefighting equipment
- Understanding bushfire behaviour
Two Day Workshop
Saturday 7 and Saturday 14 September 2019
9am - 3pm
Nairne Districts Netball Club
85 Sydney Rd