Firey Women at McLaren Flat
The award winning Firey Women workshops provide women with a safe non-threatening environment to learn new skills to help protect their families and livelihoods. The workshops cover both information and practical sessions over two days.
This is a two day workshop, so attendance is required on both days to achieve full workshop benefit.
Workshop topics include:
- Preparing yourself emotionally
- Understanding Fire Danger Ratings and warnings
- Discussing the differences between a "leave early" and a "stay and defend" plan
- Preparing a Bushfire Survival Plan
- Identifying hazards around the home
- Operating pumps and firefighting equipment
- Understanding bushfire behaviour
Firey Women can be run as a two day workshop, or over four evenings, depending on the needs of the community and are offered between May and September each year.
For further information please contact CFS Community Engagement on 0457 102 981, or email email@example.com