Building fire safety
The CFS provides advice and approval for new constructions in non-MFS and also in all High Bushfire Prone areas. The team has two sections, Residential, who deal with the construction of a dwelling in High Bushfire Prone areas and Commercial covering buildings that generally have a floor area greater than 500m.
The Development Assessment team advises on Planning, Residential and Commercial development that covers over 96% of SA.
CFS Referral Flowchart
The SA Country Fire Service Referral Flowchart to assist in determining fire service involvement:
- Australian Standards
- National Construction Code (formerly the Building Code of Australia)
- Development Act 1993
- Development Regulations 2008
- Concessions for farm buildings, 2015 edition (SA H3.2)
- Maintenance and testing of Safety installations. Schedule of essential Safety Provisions (SA 76)
- Fire Safety Requirements in Caravan Park and Residential Parks (76A)
- Construction of Bulk Grain Storage Facilities (SA H2.2)
- Additional requirements in designated bushfire prone areas (SA 78)