SA Country Fire Service commits a further 21 firefighters to Queensland fire response
The SA Country Fire Service (CFS) will increase support for Queensland emergency service colleagues, who continue to face an extensive fire risk across the state, when 21 firefighters and one SA Ambulance Officer depart Adelaide tomorrow.
The additional support adds to the 74 personnel who departed Adelaide on Wednesday and have since been busy responding to many fires.
CFS State Duty Commander Nik Stanley said we should all be proud of the contribution so far.
"Since Wednesday our crews have been working tirelessly in assisting Queensland emergency services in containing the more than 100 fires across the state," he said.
"Committing our people to large scale incidents benefits us almost as much as it does our interstate counterparts as they come back with a wealth of experience.
"It's also about giving back, as we know during previous big events here at home we will receive the same kind of support we are giving now."
The departing crews will be at the Adelaide Airport departure terminal from 1530 tomorrow.
Deputy Chief Officer Andrew Stark and Minister for Emergency Services Corey Wingard will be in attendance.