Message ID: 0002384
Time Message Issued: 16:25
Date Message Issued: 01/12/2018
Origin / Name: MINLATON
Update on the fire on the Yorke Peninsula
ISSUED FOR MINLATON near Burton Rd, Minlaton Rd and Bowden Rd.
The SA Country Fire Service has issued a Bushfire Advice Message to those in the area south east of the Minlaton township.
While the risk from this fire has lessened, flare-ups are still occurring. There is a wind change due in the next two hours, which may increase fire behaviour. The fire may pick up again and move in an Easterly direction.
Multiple CFS Volunteers, local Farm Fire units and aircraft are still on scene at this fire.
You should not enter this area, as Emergency Services vehicles are still operating in this area and it is unsafe.
Bushfire Safer Places are located in the townships of Minlaton, Port Vincent and Stansbury.
Information on their locations can be found on the CFS website at https://www.cfs.sa.gov.au/site/prepare_for_a_fire/bushfire_safer_places.jsp
For updates visit the CFS website (www.cfs.sa.gov.au) or phone the Bushfire Information Hotline on 1800 362 361.
This message will be updated as the situation changes or before: Dec 01 2018 17:09
WHAT TO DO:
- Check and follow your Bushfire Survival Plan
- Decide what you will do if the situation changes
- Look and listen for information on television, radio, internet, mobile phones and by speaking with neighbours
KEEP UP TO DATE:
- CFS website : cfs.sa.gov.au
- Bushfire Information Hotline 1800 362 361
- For hearing or speech impaired users, phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 362 361
- For teletype service TTY 133 677
- CFS on Facebook or Twitter
- On local ABC radio, FIVEaa, or one of our other Emergency Broadcast Partners.
Do not rely on a single source for warning information.
For emergencies call Triple Zero (000)
End of Message