Message ID: 0002408
Time Message Issued: 12:47
Date Message Issued: 05/12/2018
Origin / Name: LONG PLAINS
Long Plains Incident Update
ISSUED FOR LONG PLAINS
The SA Country Fire Service (CFS) advises people in and around the Long Plains area of the Adelaide Plains that a large amount of smoke is visible to the wider area.
The cause of the smoke is due to a large hay shed fire. CFS has crews at the hay shed fire and will remain in scene until the fire is extinguished. This is expected to be for at least the next 48 hours. The fire is not expected to break away from the shed and pose any threat to the community.
As a precaution residents in the area who suffer from respiratory or cardiac conditions may wish to consider closing all doors and windows and remain indoors.
For updates visit the CFS website (www.cfs.sa.gov.au) or phone the Bushfire Information Hotline on 1800 362 361.
This message will be updated as the situation changes or before: Dec 06 2018 10:00
WHAT TO DO:
- Check and follow your Bushfire Survival Plan
- Decide what you will do if the situation changes
- Look and listen for information on television, radio, internet, mobile phones and by speaking with neighbours
KEEP UP TO DATE:
- CFS website : cfs.sa.gov.au
- Bushfire Information Hotline 1800 362 361
- For hearing or speech impaired users, phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 362 361
- For teletype service TTY 133 677
- CFS on Facebook or Twitter
- On local ABC radio, FIVEaa, or one of our other Emergency Broadcast Partners.
Do not rely on a single source for warning information.
For emergencies call Triple Zero (000)
End of Message