Message ID: 0002718
Time Message Issued: 15:38
Date Message Issued: 27/01/2019
Origin / Name: GERMAN FLAT
ISSUED FOR GERMAN FLAT
The South Australian Country Fire Service is currently attending a rekindle of the German Flat fire located approximately 10 kilometres south of Tantanoola in the Lower South East. The fire breached containment lines at around 2:00 PM today, crossing Poonada Road then heading in a south easterly direction toward Lake Bonney S.E. Crews have slowed the fire spread and the flanks of the fire have been contained by ground crews and water bombing aircraft. The fire has entered swampy ground making it difficult for crews to access, they will continue firefighting on foot.
Currently the CFS has 6 fire trucks, 3 bulk water tankers, 2 water bombers, two fire observation helicopters and 40 firefighters at the scene.
For updates visit the CFS website (www.cfs.sa.gov.au) or phone the Bushfire Information Hotline on 1800 362 361.
This message will be updated as the situation changes or before: Jan 27 2019 17:14
WHAT TO DO:
- Check and follow your Bushfire Survival Plan
- Decide what you will do if the situation changes
- Look and listen for information on television, radio, internet, mobile phones and by speaking with neighbours
KEEP UP TO DATE:
- CFS website : cfs.sa.gov.au
- Bushfire Information Hotline 1800 362 361
- For hearing or speech impaired users, phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 362 361
- For teletype service TTY 133 677
- CFS on Facebook or Twitter
- On local ABC radio, FIVEaa, or one of our other Emergency Broadcast Partners.
Do not rely on a single source for warning information.
For emergencies call Triple Zero (000)
End of Message