Development Assessment Service
The Development Assessment team has two sections, Residential and Commercial.
The Residential team is concerned with the siting and construction of a dwelling.
The Commercial team is responsible for Class 2 to 9 buildings that generally have a floor area greater than 500m2.
There are two Fire Safety Officers in the Commercial team. They work in accordance with the Development Act 1993 with special focus on the referral process required under Development Regulations 28(3) and 83(4) with regard to fire safety systems.
The Officers also inspect health care and aged care facilities for fire and life safety provisions.
They also represent the Fire Authority as members of Building Fire Safety Committees for 53 local councils.
- DAS06 - Request for Meeting
- DAS07 - Reg28(3) Application for Report
- DAS08 - Reg83(4) Application for Inspection/Testing and Commissioning
Fire Services Guidelines
- Minister's Specification SA H3.2 "Concessions for farm buildings, 2015 edition"
- Minister's Specification SA 76 "Maintenance and testing of Safety installations. Schedule of essential Safety Provisions"
- Minister's Specification 76A "Fire Safety Requirements in Caravan Park and Residential Parks"
- Minister's Specification SA H2.2 "Construction of Bulk Grain Storage Facilities"
- Minister's Specification SA 78 "Additional requirements in designated bushfire prone areas"
- Australian Standards
- National Construction Code (formerly the Building Code of Australia)