Firey Women - Port Lincoln (4 evenings)
The award winning Firey Women workshops provide women with a safe non-threatening environment to learn new skills to help protect their families and livelihoods. The workshops cover both information and practical sessions over four evenings.
This is a four night workshop, so attendance is required on all nights to achieve full workshop benefit.
Workshop topics include:
- Preparing yourself emotionally
- Understanding Fire Danger Ratings and warnings
- Discussing the differences between a "leave early" and a "stay and defend" plan
- Preparing a Bushfire Survival Plan
- Identifying hazards around the home
- Operating pumps and firefighting equipment
- Understanding bushfire behaviour
Firey Women can be run as a two day workshop, or over four evenings, depending on the needs of the community and are offered between May and September each year.
Monday 26 to Thursday 29 August
6 – 9:30 pm
(attendance at all 4 nights is required to cover the workshop content)
32 Matthew Place, Port Lincoln
For further information and to book a place please contact Therese Pedler on 0428 114 234