Bushfire Information for the Deaf, Hard of Hearing or Speech Impaired
If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service:
- TTY users phone 133 677 then ask for 1300 362 361
- Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1300 362 361
- Internet relay users connect to the NRS then ask for 1300 362 361
- To report a fire or emergency (TTY users only), access TTY 106
- If you want to make a call using Auslan to someone who speaks English and uses an ordinary phone, video relay is the call option for you.
- If you want to make a call on a mobile phone without an internet connection SMS relay is the best call option. Send an SMS on your mobile phone to 0423 677 767.
TTY 106 is a dedicated text-based emergency relay service with direct access to fire, police and ambulance services. It can only be contacted through a TTY machine, not from a mobile phone or ordinary phone.